I’m an Integrative Wellness Coach and Movement Specialist who helps people move, feel, and be well so they can live their lives to the fullest without pain, discomfort, or embarrassment.
- Graduate studies in Exercise Physiology – McGill University
- B.Ed. Phys. Ed specializing in Fitness- McGill University
- Diploma in Social Studies – Champlain College
- TraumaPractik® practitioner: Anatomy of Trauma
- 200 hour Strategic Intervention Training – Tony Robins & Chloe Madames- RMT
- NLP Life Coach – Canadian Fitness Professional
- Level II Reiki Energy Work practitioner
- Fitness Instructor Specialist – Canadian Fitness Professional
- Personal Trainer Specialist – Canadian Fitness Professional
- Yoga Teacher Certified – YMCA-YWCA
- Workshops and studies in Mindful Yoga, Yoga for Emotional Balance, Yoga Therapy, Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Tune Up® Teacher 70 hour Certification
- Indoor Cycling instructor – YMCA-YWCA
- Sport Conditioning Coach level 1 – Twist Conditioning
- Hypopressives Low Pressure Training Level 2
- Certificates of course completion in Non-internal Introductory Pelvic Health as well as Pelvic Floor dysfunction: the missing link in persistent Low Back Pain
- 1st aid and CPR
- I attend national and international fitness, physiotherapy, wellness, yoga and mobility conferences at least yearly.
I take a holistic, integrative approach when helping my clients, skipping over the fads and gimmicks that have plagued the industry. I use my 37+ years of experience to guide you to reverse the effects of stress, trauma, depression or the past – all in a safe, fun, and empowering way. I am passionate about our mind-body connection and specialize in erasing pain, improving strength and mobility, addressing health issues and pelvic floor challenges. Whether you’re looking for the warmth and kinship of a small group, or individualized, laser-focused one-to-one work, I’m here for you.
Over 37 years of experience
Having been in the fitness and wellness industry since the early 80’s I have seen all the fads, gimmicks and magic pills that promise ‘’quick & drastic results’’. As an educated, seasoned professional I am able to help you understand what really works and what will lead to lasting changes.
My professional experience as a movement and wellness educator progressed through the years beginning with coaching various sports and teaching thousands of fitness/yoga/mobility/exercise classes of all types. I have trained clients to improve their posture and mobility, to enhance their strength and cardiovascular fitness and even more importantly; to feel better in their body. I have facilitated hundreds of courses, workshops and seminars ranging from lifesaving skills to stress management, pelvic floor muscle health, posture and mobility , overcoming burnout and healthy self-care. Over the years I have enjoyed writing articles on healthy living for newspapers and was a contributing author for the book Passwords: Passing on Words of Wisdom and Hope. I have been invited as a guest speaker on the Roger’s Cable TV show called Nat En Parle as well as have been on the ”What the Hack” podcast with Dr. Nathalie Beauchamp.
I was the Physical Education Director at YMCAs in Montreal and Halifax. I then enjoyed being a grade school teacher for well over 6 years before returning to being a Fitness Director at the Ottawa Athletic Club. I was later recruited to take on the challenge of being the Regional Director for the Orleans YMCA-YWCA leading the management team during the time of expansion and renovations. I was then honored to be selected and hired as the Fitness Portfolio Specialist for the City of Ottawa where I developed high caliber yearly continuing education conferences, recognized by all the top national certifying bodies.
I chose to leave my municipal job with all the benefits and security to follow my passion of helping people re-discover their passion, their energy and talents. I enjoy being part of the process that empowers individuals to take that leap of faith, discover the right strategic decisions, tools and methodologies to shift from trauma/burnout to good then to great. My goal is to help people create lasting personal transformations from the inside and out.
Integrative Wellness coaching
Integrative Wellness Coaching is all about a collaborative, supportive partnership between you and I that fosters good health promoting behaviors. I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. I look to help you develop a greater self-awareness of your thoughts, emotions and actions and their influence on your well-being. We will look at a balanced, strategic approach to incorporating healthy choices for proper nutrition, activity and self-care that are specific to your needs.
In simple words I take a mindful, whole-body approach to wellness so that you can can restore, revive and thrive.
I invite you to sign up for my newsletter to receive tips on healthy living, moving and being.
Simply enter your name and email address and you will begin to receive valuable information that will support you in your quest for living a healthy life.
I value your privacy and will never share your information with other organizations.