Module 2 – Lifestyle and it’s effect on the proper functioning of our pelvic floor
Find out what habits you may need to get rid of and what habits you will be encouraged to adopt to ensure the proper functioning of the pelvic floor.
“The pelvis is only as healthy as the body and the body is only as healthy as the habitat in which it lives” – Katie Bowman.
Introduction to the lifestyle section
The pelvic floor is just one part of the whole
Breathing and the pelvic floor
Posture and alignment
Bathroom habits and incontinence
Hygiene Harmful Habits
Nutrition and Hydration
Doctor of Naturopathy - Jennifer Luck
You can connect with Jennifer Luck ND by visiting her website
Holistic Nutritionist - Kathy Smart
Connect with Kathy Smart through her website
Vaginal dryness is something that is common among women of all ages and sometimes a big source of sexual pain and pelvic floor dysfunction.
The following suggestions may help you to reduce and possibly reverse those issues. Please check with your medical practitioner before you try any of these products or devices.
Some lubricants dry us up in the long run so careful attention to ingredients is critical when it comes to selecting a lubricant for sexual relations. Be sure to avoid ingredients such as:
- Chlorhexidine gluconate
- Propylene glycol
- Petroleum or petroleum-based products
- Artificial flavoring
You basically want to keep your lubricants free of chemicals.
Here are a few great options:
- ”YES” Sexual lubricant ( oil based and water based)
- ”Slippery Stuff”
- ”Pink” Lube
- ”Blossom Organics”
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Vaginal Moisturizers & Rejuvenation
- As mentioned by Dr. Jennifer Luck, we can use Vitamin E oil internally, i.e. you can insert a perforated VitE capsule into your vagina. You can also purchase Vitamin E oil that is not in capsules and apply it internally with your fingers or a wand.
- Low-dose vaginal estriol creams and hormone related products may be the option that you will need to use. Talk to your health care provider for the best strategy for your personal needs.
- I have had incredible success with the vSculpt for vaginal rejuvenation. It is a medical device, approved by health Canada, that uses Far-infrared light, heat and vibration to stimulate healing at the cellular level. It enhances circulation and helps the cells to reproduce and thus improves our collagen and elastin levels. I highly recommend this device if you are struggling with thinning of the vaginal walls and dryness.
- Will this product be the magic pill for incontinence? Absolutely not. I hope that you are getting the picture that there is more to solving Pelvic Floor Dysfunction than just using a device.
- Will this product help you reverse a Prolapse? Sorry… NO! If you have a grade 4 prolapse you will require surgery. If you have a grade 1 to 3 prolapse you will have to pay attention to all breathing methods, movement patterns and toileting habits that could lead to unnecessary downward pressure on the contents of you lower abdomen and thus on your organs and pelvic floor.
I personally use this device. I got one of the 1st devices when the Joylux company was preparing to launch the vSculpt. I was so impressed with the results that I contacted the company and became one of their authorized re-sellers.