Module 1 – All the basics that will empower you
Introduction to program. A 10 part series that will set the stage for your success!
Misconceptions at a glance:
- Light bladder leakage is part of ageing
- Women who give birth vaginally will have issues with incontinence
- Only women who had babies have urinary leakage
- Women who are in shape have no issues with incontinence
- Adult diapers and specialty tampons are the solution
- There is nothing that you can do about urinary leakage other than surgery
- Kegels are the one-size-fits-all miracle cure
Make sure to watch the video to get the explanation as to why these statements don’t hold water!
Health screening quiz
Download the following questionnaire. You can print of off the document and mark your answers or simply follow the document and tally your yes and no answers on a scrap piece of paper.
Summarized, non exhaustive list of Pelvic floor dysfunctions and body issues. Which came first … the chicken or the egg.
Pudental neuralgia – nerve irritation
Symphysis pubis dysfunction
SI joint dysfunction
Low back pain & chronic pelvic pain
McMaster Study 2016
100 women with LBP only:
96% were determined to have PFD
84% had tenderness upon palpation
67% were found to have PF weakness ( hyper or hypo?)
less than 33% had a prolapse
Hip pain – Groin pain – headaches/migraines – shoulder pain – jaw pain
Irritable bowel disorder
Victoria's journey with Vaginismus
Living with Vaginismus
Summary of the pelvic floor muscles
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy with Anik Lalonde
Osteopathy with Katharina Goetze
Connect with Katharina Goetze
613-834-5259 or 613-408-5259